Friday, September 25, 2026

#10: Squash and Stretch

The New York Times crossword submission queue recently reopened, and you know what that means… posting my rejected puzzles on the blog!

I thought this one had some real potential, but after nearly two weeks of being In-Progress I got the classic "the team was split on this one" email notification. Even then, I still think the theme here is pretty spiffy (spiffy enough to reclue the puzzle entirely, at least).

In happier news, I recently had another puzzle with a similarly spiffy theme accepted by Apple News+! I can't wait to see it come out, they'll be the first venue that I've had multiple puzzles appear in (the first of which aired on August 18).

In happier happier news, I've recently been recruited as an editor at Gridlocked! Crosswords, a venue tailored specifically to high-school solvers. The first puzzles roll out this October; I hope you guys check 'em out!

Thanks to ghana7 for playtesting!

Direct Crosshare link

No comments:

Post a Comment